Hi list,

Somebody suggested me ask the mailman folks this question.

My google official account username is <blah at domain.com> but I have
verified and activated another email address "sample at domain2.com" . I
am able to originate email with "sample at domain2.com" in the "from" email
but mailman still rejects the message claiming "Sorry, only subscribers
may post." Mailman thinks I am not a member of the list and is
considering me "blah at domain.com" even though I can see in the bounce
that "sample at domain2.com" is in the From portion of the header. The
SMTP header of the bounce claims "Received-SPF: pass", "Return-Path:
<blah at domain.com>", and "Sender: <blah at domain.com>"

When I send the same mail through a domain I administer the email
"sample at domain2.com" is properly identified.

Is there anything more I can configure to appease mailman's legitimacy
checking?

Cheers,

noah

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 1, 2009 at 6:44 pm

    Is the address sample at domain2.com a member of the list?

    Mailman thinks I am not a member of the list and is
    considering me "blah at domain.com" even though I can see in the bounce
    that "sample at domain2.com" is in the From portion of the header.

    I do not understand the above. Which of these addresses are members of
    the list. Mailman only goes by the exact email address. E.g. even if
    userx at example.com is a list member, userx at mail.example.com is not.

    The
    SMTP header of the bounce claims "Received-SPF: pass", "Return-Path:
    <blah at domain.com>", and "Sender: <blah at domain.com>"

    When I send the same mail through a domain I administer the email
    "sample at domain2.com" is properly identified.

    Is there anything more I can configure to appease mailman's legitimacy
    checking?

    As I said, I can't diagnose the issue without knowing what addresses
    are list members. The following is in Defaults.py

    # Membership tests for posting purposes are usually performed by
    looking at a
    # set of headers, passing the test if any of their values match a
    member of
    # the list. Headers are checked in the order given in this variable.
    The
    # value None means use the From_ (envelope sender) header. Field names
    are
    # case insensitive.
    SENDER_HEADERS = ('from', None, 'reply-to', 'sender')

    If this is unchanged in mm_cfg.py, a post will be considered to be from
    a list member if any of From:, the envelope sender (Return-Path:),

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 1, '09 at 3:36p
activeJun 1, '09 at 6:44p