Hello!
I would like to ask you a couple of questions:
1. How list's mail archive is stored internally and, so, how can it be later
copied over to a new server, say, after an upgrade?
2. Is there some way to use a fixed http link to the latest mail archive
(current month or last N messages)?

Thanks and please cc to my address too!
K?rlis

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at May 26, 2009 at 4:18 pm

    Karlis Repsons wrote:
    Hello!
    I would like to ask you a couple of questions:
    1. How list's mail archive is stored internally and, so, how can it be later
    copied over to a new server, say, after an upgrade?

    In a default installation there is a cumulative mailbox at
    archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox which contains all
    archived messages. The Mailman command line tool bin/arch can be used
    to rebuild the pipermail archive from this file.

    2. Is there some way to use a fixed http link to the latest mail archive
    (current month or last N messages)?

    Make a symlink to the current month's archive and update it monthly
    with a cron.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 25, '09 at 8:46a
activeMay 26, '09 at 4:18p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Kārlis Repsons: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post