Hi there,

I have Migrating a mail list from one Host to another host. I see that
the archives have URL pointers to domain1.com . I no longer own
domain1.com and would like to replace domain1.com with domain2.com

is there an application already written to do that?

Here is what I see in the archives.

--- snip ---

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

--- snip ----

Cheers,

Noah

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at May 25, 2009 at 11:04 pm

    admin2 wrote:
    I have Migrating a mail list from one Host to another host. I see that
    the archives have URL pointers to domain1.com . I no longer own
    domain1.com and would like to replace domain1.com with domain2.com

    is there an application already written to do that?

    bin/arch --wipe LISTNAME

    However, it is a good idea to first run

    bin/cleanarch --dry-run < archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox

    to check for unescaped "From " lines in message bodies.

    See

    bin/arch --help

    and

    bin/cleanarch --help

    Here is what I see in the archives.

    --- snip ---

    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

    Assuming the the list's scrub_nondigest setting is No, so that this
    html part was scrubbed for the archive and not scrubbed from the
    original message, then these links will be fixed as will the "more
    information about this list" links.

  • Admin2 at May 26, 2009 at 9:54 am
    Hi there,

    I have Migrating a mail list from one Host to another host. I see that
    the archives have URL pointers to domain1.com . I no longer own
    domain1.com and would like to replace domain1.com with domain2.com

    is there an application already written to do that?

    Here is what I see in the archives.

    --- snip ---

    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

    --- snip ----

    Cheers,

    Noah
  • Mark Sapiro at May 26, 2009 at 2:28 pm

    admin2 wrote:
    I have Migrating a mail list from one Host to another host. I see that
    the archives have URL pointers to domain1.com . I no longer own
    domain1.com and would like to replace domain1.com with domain2.com

    Answered yesterday
    <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2009-May/066108.html>.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython