A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 258 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature

Search Discussions

  • Dennis Putnam at May 27, 2009 at 8:29 pm
    I'm not sure this is really a Mailman issue but at this point, I don't
    know where else to start. The problem stems from email to the root user.
    I have an alias set (postfix) to send mail for root to my administrator
    address. If it matters this address is in a different domain so the form
    of the alias is administrator at myotherdomain.com. Also, FWIW, this seems
    to have started when I upgraded from Mandriva 2007 to 2008.2.

    What is happening, is that mail to root is somehow being routed through
    Mailman. Each time something is sent to root, the following error email
    is generated:

    This is the mail system at host home.mydomain.com.

    The mail system

    (expanded from <root>): unknown user:
    "mailman-loop:/var/lib/mailman/data/owner-bounces.mbox"

    <"mailman:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"@home.mydomain.com>
    (expanded from <root>): unknown user:
    "mailman:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"

    <"mailman-admin:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman admin
    mailman"@home.mydomain.com> (expanded from <root>): unknown user:
    "mailman-admin:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman admin mailman"

    <"mailman-bounces:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman bounces
    mailman"@home.mydomain.com> (expanded from <root>): unknown user:
    "mailman-bounces:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman bounces mailman"

    <"mailman-confirm:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman confirm
    mailman"@home.mydomain.com> (expanded from <root>): unknown user:
    "mailman-confirm:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman confirm mailman"

    <"mailman-join:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman join mailman"@home.mydomain.com>
    (expanded from <root>): unknown user:
    "mailman-join:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman join mailman"

    <"mailman-leave:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman leave
    mailman"@home.mydomain.com> (expanded from <root>): unknown user:
    "mailman-leave:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman leave mailman"

    <"mailman-owner:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman owner
    mailman"@home.mydomain.com> (expanded from <root>): unknown user:
    "mailman-owner:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman owner mailman"

    <"mailman-request:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request
    mailman"@home.mydomain.com> (expanded from <root>): unknown user:
    "mailman-request:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request mailman"

    <"mailman-subscribe:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe
    mailman"@home.mydomain.com> (expanded from <root>): unknown user:
    "mailman-subscribe:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe mailman"

    <"mailman-unsubscribe:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe
    mailman"@home.mydomain.com> (expanded from <root>): unknown user:
    "mailman-unsubscribe:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe mailman"

    .
    .
    .

    Reporting-MTA: dns; home.mydomain.com
    Arrival-Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 04:11:19 -0400 (EDT)

    Final-Recipient: rfc822; "mailman-loop:/var/lib/mailman/data/owner-bounces.mbox"@home.mydomain.com
    Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; unknown user:
    "mailman-loop:/var/lib/mailman/data/owner-bounces.mbox"

    Final-Recipient: rfc822; "mailman:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"@home.mydomain.com

    Final-Recipient: rfc822; "mailman-admin:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman admin mailman"@home.mydomain.com

    Final-Recipient: rfc822; "mailman-bounces:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman bounces mailman"@home.mydomain.com

    Final-Recipient: rfc822; "mailman-confirm:|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman confirm mailman"@home.mydomain.com