Hi list,

When I send a message for my list, I'd like to receive the an email with
reading confirmation. I marked this options in my outlook.

In menu Tools, Options:

Request reading confirmation

All people of my list receive my email but no confirmation was send to
me.

Is this possible?

Regards,

MSC

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at May 24, 2009 at 4:41 pm

    Infokeep - Mario Sergio wrote:
    All people of my list receive my email but no confirmation was send to
    me.

    Mailman attempts to remove headers such as Return-Receipt-To:,
    Disposition-Notification-To: and X-Confirm-Reading-To: from the
    outgoing messages it sends. There are several reasons for this:

    Many people are annoyed by these requests and set their MUAs to ignore
    them, so they are not reliable.

    Someone might inadvertently request return receipts on a post to a very
    large list and then have to deal with a large number of replies.

    Return receipts could be used to fish for membership on a list with a
    restricted roster.

    This removal can only be changed by modifying the Cleanse.py handler
    that does the removal.

  • Infokeep - Mario Sergio at May 25, 2009 at 12:42 pm
    Mark,

    I looked the Cleanse.py file and I found something like this:

    # Some headers can be used to fish for membership
    del msg['return-receipt-to']
    del msg['disposition-notification-to']
    del msg['x-confirm-reading-to']

    In this case, Do I need only comment this lines? Or I need to remove the
    "del" string in these lines?

    Thanks for all!

    ---
    MSC

    Enviada em: domingo, 24 de maio de 2009 13:41
    Para: Infokeep - Mario Sergio; mailman-users at python.org
    Assunto: Re: [Mailman-Users] Auto confirmation

    Infokeep - Mario Sergio wrote:
    All people of my list receive my email but no confirmation was send to
    me.

    Mailman attempts to remove headers such as Return-Receipt-To:,
    Disposition-Notification-To: and X-Confirm-Reading-To: from the
    outgoing messages it sends. There are several reasons for this:

    Many people are annoyed by these requests and set their MUAs to ignore
    them, so they are not reliable.

    Someone might inadvertently request return receipts on a post to a very
    large list and then have to deal with a large number of replies.

    Return receipts could be used to fish for membership on a list with a
    restricted roster.

    This removal can only be changed by modifying the Cleanse.py handler
    that does the removal.

  • Mark Sapiro at May 26, 2009 at 4:22 pm

    Infokeep - Mario Sergio wrote:
    I looked the Cleanse.py file and I found something like this:

    # Some headers can be used to fish for membership
    del msg['return-receipt-to']
    del msg['disposition-notification-to']
    del msg['x-confirm-reading-to']

    In this case, Do I need only comment this lines? Or I need to remove the
    "del" string in these lines?

    If you're sure you want to do this is spite of the fact that you will
    get unreliable information from it and you will annoy at least some of
    your list members, you can either comment the lines or remove them
    entirely.

  • Infokeep - Mario Sergio at May 28, 2009 at 7:29 pm
    Thanks Mark.

    I did comment these lines and works perfect.

    Thanks again for all help.

    ---
    MSC

    ________________________________

    I looked the Cleanse.py file and I found something like this:

    # Some headers can be used to fish for membership
    del msg['return-receipt-to']
    del msg['disposition-notification-to']
    del msg['x-confirm-reading-to']

    In this case, Do I need only comment this lines? Or I need to remove the
    "del" string in these lines?

    If you're sure you want to do this is spite of the fact that you will
    get unreliable information from it and you will annoy at least some of
    your list members, you can either comment the lines or remove them
    entirely.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 22, '09 at 1:48p