Hi fellas ..

I have a list of 15000 subscribers .. and everything was working fine till like 2 weeks ago, when sending to the list and checking the mail statistics.. I find out that the outgoing emails are only 9000!! I used to check the logs and all the 15000 were being sent successfully .. but now it's 9000 only and people has been complaining that they are not recieving my messages..

the list has no members with "no mail" option .. and no one has been automatically removed due to the bounce options..

what could be the problem?

Thanks ..

  • Mark Sapiro at May 18, 2009 at 2:20 am

    Khalil Abbas wrote:
    I have a list of 15000 subscribers .. and everything was working fine till like 2 weeks ago, when sending to the list and checking the mail statistics.. I find out that the outgoing emails are only 9000!! I used to check the logs and all the 15000 were being sent successfully .. but now it's 9000 only and people has been complaining that they are not recieving my messages..

    Assuming that

    bin/list_members -n LISTNAME | wc -l

    reports zero, and

    bin/list_members -d LISTNAME | wc -l

    reports zero, and

    bin/list_members -r LISTNAME | wc -l

    reports 15,000

    and Mailman's smtp log reports something like

    May 17 13:00:37 2009 (7605) <message-id> smtp to LISTNAME for 9000
    recips, completed in xx.xxx seconds

    check Mailman's smtp-failure log.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 18, '09 at 1:15a
activeMay 18, '09 at 2:20a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Khalil Abbas: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post