Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave Bevis
dave at dpss.bz

IBug in Mailman version 2.1.4

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a
copy of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description
of what happened. Thanks!
Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
main()
File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 198, in main
show_results(mlist, doc, category, subcat, cgidata)
File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 498, in
show_results
form.AddItem(membership_options(mlist, subcat, cgidata, doc, form))
File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 974, in
membership_options
names = filter(None, [mlist.getMemberName(s) for s in members])
File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py", line
131, in getMemberName
self.__assertIsMember(member)
File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py", line
113, in __assertIsMember
raise Errors.NotAMemberError, member
NotAMemberError: hpeoples at mail.HamiltonTN.gov

Python information:

Variable Value
sys.version 2.3 (#1, Sep 13 2003, 00:49:11) [GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple
Computer, Inc. build 1495)]
sys.executable /usr/bin/python
sys.prefix /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3
sys.exec_prefix /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3
sys.path /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3
sys.platform darwin

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at May 11, 2009 at 8:39 pm

    Dave Bevis wrote:
    I have tried everything I know to do including deleting just the
    member, cloning the member and removing all the members from the list
    and I cannot remove this member and it causes any messages to this
    list to be shunted. Info below when I tried removing member from the
    web based interface.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    See below.

[...]

    The problem is that a bug which has subsequently been fixed has allowed
    a user's email address to be stored with a lower-case local part and a
    mixed case domain. This confuses Mailman's membership tests.

    See the end of the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/UIA9> which will
    point you to a script that will fix this.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 11, '09 at 6:41p
activeMay 11, '09 at 8:39p