J.R.

J.R. Constance
Rodric Consulting, LLC
jrc at rodricon.com
http://www.clinical-laboratory-consulting.com
Phone: 720.339.3646

Search Discussions

  • Charles Gregory at May 1, 2009 at 4:44 pm

    On Fri, 1 May 2009, J.R. Constance wrote:
    I am having a problem with one of my lists where the administrators are not
    being notified of posts awaiting approval. This list is set right now to
    "Emergency moderation" so all posts are being held, but neither I nor the
    other administrator are receiving notifications of held messages.
    Any ideas on what the problem might be? I actually think it's a problem with
    a corrupt config.pck but not sure how I might go about even testing that.
    On my CentOS 4 machine I found a strange 'quirk' that stopped mail to list
    owners. I had to hard-code the alias in /etc/aliases for list-owner to
    point to the real owner e-mail, rather than let mailman handle the
    redirection. Give that a try.

    - Charles
  • J.R. Constance at May 1, 2009 at 4:53 pm
    I should mention that I have about thirty lists all running off this
    same mailman installation/domain and none of the other lists are
    having this problem, so it is something unique to this list.

    I also need to mention that this is a cPanel Mailman installation, but
    since all of the other lists are working I am assuming that it has
    nothing to do with cPanel.

    J.R.

    I am having a problem with one of my lists where the administrators
    are not being notified of posts awaiting approval. This list is set
    right now to "Emergency moderation" so all posts are being held,
    but neither I nor the other administrator are receiving
    notifications of held messages.
    Any ideas on what the problem might be? I actually think it's a
    problem with a corrupt config.pck but not sure how I might go about
    even testing that.
    On my CentOS 4 machine I found a strange 'quirk' that stopped mail
    to list owners. I had to hard-code the alias in /etc/aliases for
    list-owner to point to the real owner e-mail, rather than let
    mailman handle the redirection. Give that a try.

    - Charles

  • Adam McGreggor at May 1, 2009 at 4:47 pm

    I am having a problem with one of my lists where the administrators
    are not being notified of posts awaiting approval. This list is set
    right now to "Emergency moderation" so all posts are being held, but
    neither I nor the other administrator are receiving notifications of
    held messages.

    Any ideas on what the problem might be?
    What do your logs say (Mailman, and MTA)?

    Are the addresses in -owner set properly (and deliverable?)

    --
    ``If the media object to a judgment or sentencing decision,
    we suggest they focus their efforts on persuading the

    J.R. Constance wrote:
    I am having a problem with one of my lists where the administrators
    are not being notified of posts awaiting approval. This list is set
    right now to "Emergency moderation" so all posts are being held, but
    neither I nor the other administrator are receiving notifications of
    held messages.

    List admins are intentionally not notified of holds for emergency
    moderation.

    The doc string from the Emergency.py handler -

    """Put an emergency hold on all messages otherwise approved.

    No notices are sent to either the sender or the list owner for emergency
    holds. I think they'd be too obnoxious.
    """

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython