Hi Everyone,

I have a client who is not using Mailman's automatic bounce processing.
However he wants to be able to receive any undeliverable notification that
his list encounters when a post is sent to it so he can manually remove the
trouble e-mail account himself. Is there a way to configure the list to do
that? I setup a test list myself to see if I could get undeliverable
messages sent to myself as the list owner but to no avail.

Am I missing something simple here?

Regards,
Brian
--------------------------------------
EMWD.com - 'Powered by Techies'
Blog.emwd.com - "Curious comments from a web hosting techie"

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 30, 2009 at 2:55 am

    Brian Carpenter wrote:
    I have a client who is not using Mailman's automatic bounce processing.
    However he wants to be able to receive any undeliverable notification that
    his list encounters when a post is sent to it so he can manually remove the
    trouble e-mail account himself. Is there a way to configure the list to do
    that? I setup a test list myself to see if I could get undeliverable
    messages sent to myself as the list owner but to no avail.

    Am I missing something simple here?

    Assuming the MTA uses aliases for delivery to Mailman, set the alias
    for LISTNAME-bounces to go to "owner".

    You can't do it cleanly with list settings. What you can do with
    settings alone is set bounce_processing to Yes, bounce_score_threshold
    to 0.5 and bounce_notify_owner_on_disable to Yes. Then the member will
    have delivery disabled on the first bounce and the owner will get a
    notice with the bounce DSN attached, but the member will have had
    delivery disabled even if that isn't what the owner would have wanted.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 30, '09 at 1:32a
activeApr 30, '09 at 2:55a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Brian Carpenter: 1 post