Hi!

I'm trying to configure mailman+postix in a debian machine and I found some
problems...
It seems that postfix don't know how to pipe emails to correct location
(mailman) and is trying to deliver the message to a mailbox that do not
exists

Apr 21 16:19:44 davos postfix/virtual[17439]: 929404A7FE: to=<
test at davos.web83.es>, relay=virtual, delayc369, delaysc369/0.02/0/0.02,
dsn=4.2.0, statusÞferred (delivery failed to mailbox
/var/mail/vmail/"|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test": unable to create
lock file /var/mail/vmail/"|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test".lock:
No such file or directory)

Any idea? What logs do you need to see my configuration?

thanks in advance!!

--
Backup not found: (A)bort, (R)etry, (S)uicide?

David Fernandez Lopez

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 22, 2009 at 2:04 pm

    David Fernandez Lopez wrote:
    I'm trying to configure mailman+postix in a debian machine and I found some
    problems...
    It seems that postfix don't know how to pipe emails to correct location
    (mailman) and is trying to deliver the message to a mailbox that do not
    exists

    Apr 21 16:19:44 davos postfix/virtual[17439]: 929404A7FE: to=<
    test at davos.web83.es>, relay=virtual, delayc369, delaysc369/0.02/0/0.02,
    dsn=4.2.0, statusÞferred (delivery failed to mailbox
    /var/mail/vmail/"|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test": unable to create
    lock file /var/mail/vmail/"|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test".lock:
    No such file or directory)

    Any idea? What logs do you need to see my configuration?

    It looks like your postfix configuration is incorrect. You are using
    "virtual" delivery instead of "local" delivery for this mail.

    This is a Postfix configuration issue, not a Mailman issue per se, but
    if you post the output of "postconf -n", someone here may be able to
    help you.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 21, '09 at 2:28p