I have 2 mail lists and in General Options set both lists to NO on "Sending monthly password reminders". All new subscribers are still set to YES when they join.

The mailman is provided by my host company and lists are managed through cPanel. The hosting company was able to replicate the issue.

It is Mailman version 2.1.10

Gary
gelsner at juno.com

Always a good call. Click now to establish your local phone service!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTHbDiaO2fMfcBikU7uzprAPtog78siaXnscyNuXRfnEsRzYXt2f0s/

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 22, 2009 at 2:34 pm

    Gary Elsner wrote:
    I have 2 mail lists and in General Options set both lists to NO on "Sending monthly password reminders". All new subscribers are still set to YES when they join.

    These are two different settings. If the list's "Send monthly password
    reminders? (send_reminders)" is No, monthly reminders will not be sent
    regardless of the user setting. The user's setting allows a user to
    opt out if send_reminders is yes, but does not allow opting in is
    send_reminders is no.

    The default for new members for the reminder option is one of the
    new_member_options bits, but it is not one that's available through
    the web admin interface. It can only be set to No by turning on the 32
    bit in the lists new_member_options attribute via bin/withlist or
    bin/config_list, but as noted above, this is unnecessary, as setting
    "Send monthly password reminders? (send_reminders)" to No says no
    monthly reminders are sent regardless of user settings.

    The mailman is provided by my host company and lists are managed through cPanel. The hosting company was able to replicate the issue.
    See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9>.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 18, '09 at 3:08p