G'day guys,

I am managing a dozen lists for my scout group, and wonder whether I can
point them all to a template configuration??

Basically, when I make changes I need to go through all the lists
separately, or if I create a new list, I need to go and make all the
changes to it from scratch.

Looking at some way of having a master configuration which all my
existing, and any new lists would point to..

Cheers

Ivan

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 14, 2009 at 3:17 pm

    Ivan Sanders wrote:
    I am managing a dozen lists for my scout group, and wonder whether I can
    point them all to a template configuration??

    Basically, when I make changes I need to go through all the lists
    separately, or if I create a new list, I need to go and make all the
    changes to it from scratch.

    Looking at some way of having a master configuration which all my
    existing, and any new lists would point to..

    This will be easier in Mailman 3. Currently, you need to get a list
    configured as you like and save it's configuration with

    bin/config_list -o file LISTNAME

    Then you may want to edit file to remove some list specific things like
    owner, moderator, description, info and subject_prefix. This then
    becomes your template which you can apply to other lists with

    bin/config_list -i file OTHERLISTNAME

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 14, '09 at 2:15a
activeApr 14, '09 at 3:17p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Ivan Sanders: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post