We are having an issue with subscribers receiving three of the same emails
every time I send an email. It doesn't happen to every subscriber, but
those who get multiples always get three.

Any suggestions for how to eliminate this?

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 26, 2009 at 4:22 pm

    Nyrobi Collins wrote:
    We are having an issue with subscribers receiving three of the same emails
    every time I send an email. It doesn't happen to every subscriber, but
    those who get multiples always get three.

    Any suggestions for how to eliminate this?

    Unless the affected people are actually on the list 3 times with 3
    different addresses or on 3 different lists which all get the same
    post, this is almost certainly not a Mailman issue.

    This is sometimes caused by rules in the user's MUA (client) filing the
    same message in multiple places. Otherwise it is probably some glitch
    in SMTP delivery somewhere.

    The first step is to compare the chain of Received: headers in each of
    the 3 message copies. Where they diverge is where the duplication
    occurred.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMar 24, '09 at 3:01p
activeMar 26, '09 at 4:22p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Nyrobi Collins: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post