Not sure if anyone has been experiencing the same problem. I have a
poster who uses a gmail account to post and he is not getting a copy of
the posting? Any suggestions in trying to resolve this would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Brian Canty
Manager Computer Information Services
American Psychoanalytic Association
212-752-0450 x17

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Mar 16, 2009 at 3:06 pm

    Brian Canty wrote:

    Not sure if anyone has been experiencing the same problem. I have a
    poster who uses a gmail account to post and he is not getting a copy of
    the posting? Any suggestions in trying to resolve this would be greatly
    appreciated.
    That's a known problem with gmail. There's something about this in the FAQ
    Wiki, but I don't remember exactly where.

    --
    Brad Knowles
    <brad at shub-internet.org> If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out

    Brad Knowles wrote:
    Brian Canty wrote:
    Not sure if anyone has been experiencing the same problem. I have a
    poster who uses a gmail account to post and he is not getting a copy of
    the posting? Any suggestions in trying to resolve this would be greatly
    appreciated.
    That's a known problem with gmail. There's something about this in the
    FAQ Wiki, but I don't remember exactly where.
    It's here: http://wiki.list.org/x/2IA9

    (I just searched for gmail)
  • Adam McGreggor at Mar 16, 2009 at 3:13 pm

    Not sure if anyone has been experiencing the same problem. I have a
    poster who uses a gmail account to post and he is not getting a copy of
    the posting? Any suggestions in trying to resolve this would be greatly
    appreciated.
    That's a known problem with gmail. There's something about this in the FAQ
    Wiki, but I don't remember exactly where.
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answere88&query=mailing+list+&topic=0&type=f
    is the google help response.

    (yes, it *is* in my bookmarks)

    --
    ``There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make
    it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies and the other is to
    poster who uses a gmail account to post and he is not getting a copy of
    the posting? Any suggestions in trying to resolve this would be greatly
    appreciated.
    Ask your gmail users to look in their Sent Mail or All Mail for the
    message. gmail is 'helping' your users by automatically filing the
    message they just sent.
    That's a known problem with gmail. There's something about this in the
    FAQ Wiki, but I don't remember exactly where.

    http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/I+use+Gmail-Googlemail%2C+but+I+can%27t+tell+if+any+of+my+messages+have+been+posted+to+the+list

    HTH - Tim
  • Fil at Mar 16, 2009 at 3:41 pm
    That's a known problem with gmail.
    Some of us appreciate the feature of non-duplication based on Message-Id.

    -- Fil
  • Beau James at Mar 16, 2009 at 4:40 pm
    --> > That's a known problem with gmail.
    -->
    --> Some of us appreciate the feature of non-duplication based on Message-Id.

    And many of us do not.

    At the very least, it should be a gmail behavior that is configurable
    by each user account. Not a "mother knows what's best" global behavior.

    Beau

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMar 16, '09 at 3:05p