I've got a mailman server running that I want to allow self-service for
subscription requests but don't need to let them know that I received the
email to act on. My users simply consider such mail to be noise.

I would like the work flow to be:

1) User sends email to list-subscribe address.
2) Normal admin mail is sent to list owner/moderator
3) User subscription is validated
4) User starts receiving list email

The way that it's currently happening is that in between 1 and 2, they get an
email request like the following:

The results of your email command are provided below. Attached is your
Your subscription request has been forwarded to the list administrator

That's what I would like to stop.

I'm running 2.1.9.

Thanks,
--Robert

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 15, 2009 at 3:31 pm