FAQ
hi all,


recently i migrated my mailman lists to a new machine and at the same
time i upgraded to the latest version available at that time - 2.1.12rc2
(from 2.1.1).
with the new version i am getting lots of error messages in the error
log and lots of shunted messages, additionally digest are not being send:

Feb 23 13:51:15 2009 (13445) Uncaught runner exception: decoding Unicode
is not supported
Feb 23 13:51:15 2009 (13445) Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 120, in _oneloop
self._onefile(msg, msgdata)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 191, in _onefile
keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/ArchRunner.py", line 73, in
_dispose
mlist.ArchiveMail(msg)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 216, in
ArchiveMail
h.processUnixMailbox(f)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 578, in
processUnixMailbox
a = self._makeArticle(m, self.sequence)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py", line 681, in
_makeArticle
mlist=self.maillist)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py", line 305, in
__init__
charset = message.get_content_charset(cset_out)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/email/Message.py", line 800, in
get_content_charset
charset = unicode(charset, 'us-ascii').encode('us-ascii')
TypeError: decoding Unicode is not supported

Feb 23 13:51:15 2009 (13445) SHUNTING:
1235389873.7168031+42c59b683b80525145619a256cf0bc745edd3aa7
Feb 23 14:00:29 2009 (13448) send_digests() failed: decoding Unicode is
not supported

i found that the above problem was fixed in the final 2.1.12 version
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/328353) so i upgraded my
mailman installation to 2.1.12.

after the upgrade i ran the senddigests script manually but i still get
the following error:

$ /usr/bin/python -S /usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests
List: sgd-users: problem processing
/usr/local/mailman/lists/xxx-users/digest.mbox:
decoding Unicode is not supported
List: sunray-users: problem processing
/usr/local/mailman/lists/yyy-users/digest.mbox:
decoding Unicode is not supported

i am using opensolaris snv_10 (x64) and python 2.4.4.

any help will be greatly appreciated!


greetings,

Stoyan Angelov

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 9, 2009 at 4:01 pm

    Stoyan Angelov wrote:
    recently i migrated my mailman lists to a new machine and at the same
    time i upgraded to the latest version available at that time - 2.1.12rc2
    (from 2.1.1).
    Note: the OP also reported this problem in comments to
    <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/328353> and it is being
    worked there.

    with the new version i am getting lots of error messages in the error
    log and lots of shunted messages, additionally digest are not being send:

    Feb 23 13:51:15 2009 (13445) Uncaught runner exception: decoding Unicode
    is not supported
    Feb 23 13:51:15 2009 (13445) Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 120, in _oneloop
    self._onefile(msg, msgdata)
    File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 191, in _onefile
    keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
    File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/ArchRunner.py", line 73, in
    _dispose
    mlist.ArchiveMail(msg)
    File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 216, in
    ArchiveMail
    h.processUnixMailbox(f)
    File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 578, in
    processUnixMailbox
    a = self._makeArticle(m, self.sequence)
    File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py", line 681, in
    _makeArticle
    mlist=self.maillist)
    File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py", line 305, in
    __init__
    charset = message.get_content_charset(cset_out)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/email/Message.py", line 800, in
    get_content_charset
    charset = unicode(charset, 'us-ascii').encode('us-ascii')
    TypeError: decoding Unicode is not supported

    Feb 23 13:51:15 2009 (13445) SHUNTING:
    1235389873.7168031+42c59b683b80525145619a256cf0bc745edd3aa7
    Feb 23 14:00:29 2009 (13448) send_digests() failed: decoding Unicode is
    not supported

    The shunted messages are for the archive. They are apparently delivered
    OK to the non-digest list members. Once the underlying issue is
    resolved, they can be unshunted and they will be archived.

    i found that the above problem was fixed in the final 2.1.12 version
    (https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/328353) so i upgraded my
    mailman installation to 2.1.12.

    Actually, the fix in 2.1.12 was for a somewhat different manifestation
    of this issue.

    after the upgrade i ran the senddigests script manually but i still get
    the following error:

    $ /usr/bin/python -S /usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests
    List: sgd-users: problem processing
    /usr/local/mailman/lists/xxx-users/digest.mbox:
    decoding Unicode is not supported
    List: sunray-users: problem processing
    /usr/local/mailman/lists/yyy-users/digest.mbox:
    decoding Unicode is not supported

    i am using opensolaris snv_10 (x64) and python 2.4.4.

    See the bug report for more information.

    --
    Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMar 7, '09 at 8:11p
activeMar 9, '09 at 4:01p
posts2
users2
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Stoyan Angelov: 1 post

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase