DCS Midrange Services
Phone: +61 (08) 8999 5111
Fax: +61 (08) 8999 7493
e-Mail: alan.rubin at nt.gov.au

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 4, 2009 at 1:30 am

    Alan Rubin wrote:
    Just curious if the community has a Standard Operating Procedure for
    list administrators to notify list owners when there are changes to the
    Mailman installation. Maybe like a list of list owners?

    Other people may have other ideas. I'm not aware of any Best Current
    Practice for this, but what I would do is use bin/list_owners to get
    an unduplicated list of all the owners and mail to that list (as To:
    or Bcc: recipients). You can use the '-m' option to include moderators.

    If this is a 'large' list, you could easily make a Mailman list and
    pipe the output of bin/list_owners into bin/sync_members to keep the
    list current.

  • Adam McGreggor at Mar 4, 2009 at 1:46 am