FAQ
I recently created a list with 20 members, but the list is not
sending out to the members.

Other lists on this server are working fine. This is mailman 2.1.9.

I stopped OutgoingRunner with SIGTERM, sent a post and posted a message
to the list, and dumped the database;

[root at ice httpd]# /usr/lib/mailman/bin/dumpdb
/var/lib/mailman/lists/extremeintegration/pending.pck
[----- start pickle file -----]
<----- start object 1 ----->
{ '01a907bef54583bc21f0e71251a6c9d4487b9b84': ('H', 1),
'46199d354ea07e1ae152d9351a2b2d0426011528': ('H', 3),
'e57f046e3de424b7f2baf780da63e1f1a1d08880': ('H', 2),
'evictions': { '01a907bef54583bc21f0e71251a6c9d4487b9b84':
1235939067.2983739,
'46199d354ea07e1ae152d9351a2b2d0426011528':
1235950453.2800391,
'e57f046e3de424b7f2baf780da63e1f1a1d08880':
1235947591.233825},
'version': 2}
[----- end pickle file -----]

So I don't see anything here that is pending.

The list is not moderated. All email should be sent automatically
to the 20 members.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Feb 27, 2009 at 3:21 pm

    Anne M. Hammond wrote:
    I recently created a list with 20 members, but the list is not
    sending out to the members.

    Other lists on this server are working fine. This is mailman 2.1.9.

    I stopped OutgoingRunner with SIGTERM, sent a post and posted a message
    to the list, and dumped the database;

    [root at ice httpd]# /usr/lib/mailman/bin/dumpdb
    /var/lib/mailman/lists/extremeintegration/pending.pck
    [----- start pickle file -----]
    <----- start object 1 ----->
    { '01a907bef54583bc21f0e71251a6c9d4487b9b84': ('H', 1),
    '46199d354ea07e1ae152d9351a2b2d0426011528': ('H', 3),
    'e57f046e3de424b7f2baf780da63e1f1a1d08880': ('H', 2),
    'evictions': { '01a907bef54583bc21f0e71251a6c9d4487b9b84':
    1235939067.2983739,
    '46199d354ea07e1ae152d9351a2b2d0426011528':
    1235950453.2800391,
    'e57f046e3de424b7f2baf780da63e1f1a1d08880':
    1235947591.233825},
    'version': 2}
    [----- end pickle file -----]

    So I don't see anything here that is pending.

    The pending.pck database has nothing to do with a post that might be
    delivered except that OutgoingRunner is not running. Such a post would
    be an entry in qfiles/out/. pending.pck is information about various
    requests like subscriptions, held messages, etc. that are waiting
    confirmation. The three entries above are three held messages. You can
    find these messages in data/heldmsg-extremeintegration-nnn.pck files
    and in the admindb interface for the extremeintegration list.

    Do the posts get archived?

    What's in Mailman's vette log?

    What's in the list's admindb interface?

    The FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/A4E9> may help.

    --
    Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan
  • Anne M. Hammond at Feb 28, 2009 at 8:00 pm

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2009, Mark Sapiro wrote:

    Anne M. Hammond wrote:
    I recently created a list with 20 members, but the list is not
    sending out to the members.

    Other lists on this server are working fine. This is mailman 2.1.9.

    I stopped OutgoingRunner with SIGTERM, sent a post and posted a message
    to the list, and dumped the database;

    [root at ice httpd]# /usr/lib/mailman/bin/dumpdb
    /var/lib/mailman/lists/extremeintegration/pending.pck
    [----- start pickle file -----]
    <----- start object 1 ----->
    { '01a907bef54583bc21f0e71251a6c9d4487b9b84': ('H', 1),
    '46199d354ea07e1ae152d9351a2b2d0426011528': ('H', 3),
    'e57f046e3de424b7f2baf780da63e1f1a1d08880': ('H', 2),
    'evictions': { '01a907bef54583bc21f0e71251a6c9d4487b9b84':
    1235939067.2983739,
    '46199d354ea07e1ae152d9351a2b2d0426011528':
    1235950453.2800391,
    'e57f046e3de424b7f2baf780da63e1f1a1d08880':
    1235947591.233825},
    'version': 2}
    [----- end pickle file -----]

    So I don't see anything here that is pending.

    The pending.pck database has nothing to do with a post that might be
    delivered except that OutgoingRunner is not running. Such a post would
    be an entry in qfiles/out/. pending.pck is information about various
    requests like subscriptions, held messages, etc. that are waiting
    confirmation. The three entries above are three held messages. You can
    find these messages in data/heldmsg-extremeintegration-nnn.pck files
    and in the admindb interface for the extremeintegration list.

    Do the posts get archived?

    What's in Mailman's vette log?

    What's in the list's admindb interface?

    The FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/A4E9> may help.
    Thanks so much. I did look at the FAQ before posting.

    The posts are archived.

    The message is not in /var/log/mailman/vette.

    The web interface does not show any pending messages.

    To track the message, I looked in:

    /var/log/mailman/post:
    Feb 27 00:54:41 2009 (16639) post to extremeintegration from
    poster at lab.gov, sizeU26,
    message-id=<BB5CEB80-5EDE-4520-BA7E-CE770B365B1C at lab.gov>, success

    smtp:

    Feb 27 00:54:41 2009 (16639)
    <BB5CEB80-5EDE-4520-BA7E-CE770B365B1C at lab.gov> smtp to extremeintegration
    for 2 recips, completed in 0.165 seconds

    (I understand this to mean that there are 2 recipients, not the 20
    list members.)

    When I look at /var/log/maillog, there is a message to me and the sender:

    Feb 27 00:54:41 ice sendmail[20462]: n1R7sfXn020462:
    from=<extremeintegration-bounces at corp.com>, sizeU27,
    class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<BB5CEB80-5EDE-4520-BA7E-CE770B365B1C at lab.gov>,
    proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=localhost.localdomain
    [127.0.0.1]
    Feb 27 00:54:41 ice sendmail[20462]: n1R7sfXo020462:
    from=<extremeintegration-bounces at corp.com>, sizeU27,
    class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<BB5CEB80-5EDE-4520-BA7E-CE770B365B1C at lab.gov>,
    proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=localhost.localdomain
    [127.0.0.1]
    Feb 27 00:54:41 ice sendmail[20464]: n1R7sfXn020462:
    to=<hammond at corp.com>, delay�:00:00, xdelay�:00:00,
    mailer=esmtp, pri5527, relay=mail.corp.com. [64.240.154.180],
    dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (n1R7sfTT004092 Message accepted for delivery)
    Feb 27 00:54:42 ice sendmail[20466]: n1R7sfXo020462: to=<poster at lab.gov>,
    delay�:00:01, xdelay�:00:01, mailer=esmtp, pri5527,
    relay=incoming.lab.gov. [128.115.249.90], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent
    (ok: Message 86878739 accepted)
  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 1, 2009 at 1:29 am

    Anne M. Hammond wrote:
    smtp:

    Feb 27 00:54:41 2009 (16639)
    <BB5CEB80-5EDE-4520-BA7E-CE770B365B1C at lab.gov> smtp to extremeintegration
    for 2 recips, completed in 0.165 seconds

    (I understand this to mean that there are 2 recipients, not the 20
    list members.)

    When I look at /var/log/maillog, there is a message to me and the sender:

    So the list finds only 2 eligible recipients for the message because
    the other 18 members are subscribed to the digest or have delivery
    disabled or possibly because of regular_exclude_lists if this list has
    any configured.

    --
    Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 27, '09 at 12:25a
activeMar 1, '09 at 1:29a
posts4
users2
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 2 posts Anne M. Hammond: 2 posts

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase