Hi, I am setting up a mailing list with mailman version 2.1.11.cp3 and I am having some difficulty changing the html on the;

Subscribe results page

At the end of the page I want to add links to go back to a page;

But mailman changes the link when you click on it and sends them to the page below, which doesn't exist.

http://lakeshorechamberorchestra.ca/mailman/subscribe/www.lakeshorechamberorchestra.ca/members/news.html

So the user gets an error.

I did read the documentation and I searched the FAQ. I found something about it in 2002 but the archive only shows the question and not the answer and I couldn't go back to earlier messages beyond 2008.

My ISP doesn't know the answer and have directed me here.

Really sorry if this has been answered 5000 times but I can't find the answer.

thanks for any help. Mark

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Feb 27, 2009 at 12:01 am

    Mark McCanna wrote:

    Hi, I am setting up a mailing list with mailman version 2.1.11.cp3 and I
    am having some difficulty changing the html on the;
    First off, you're using cPanel. See FAQ 6.11 at
    <http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Mailman+and+CPanel>.

    Second, Mailman scrubs all stuff that you type in via the web interface, so
    that you don't get any security violations as a result of stuff accidentally
    being misinterpreted as HTML. Not all HTML is scrubbed out, but certain
    parts of HTML are. So, there are some things you just can't customize from
    the web interface.

    If you had privileged access to the shell on the machine where the list was
    hosted, you could go in and copy the appropriate template file to a suitable
    location and then edit it with a text editor (like "vi", "emacs", or
    "pico"), and save that file with all your HTML stuff intact.

    However, since you're using CPanel, you almost certainly don't have access
    to the command-line on that server. In that case, you'll need to talk to
    the CPanel administrators of that system and see if you can get their help
    to do what you need.

    If you do have privileged access to the command-line shell on that system,
    then search the archives and the FAQ wiki for "template".

    --
    Brad Knowles
    <brad at shub-internet.org> If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out