Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Much thanks.

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Feb 25, 2009 at 10:52 pm

    Max Pyziur wrote:
    We have one list with several thousand emails. We wanted to see if we could
    find and remove those email addresses that have gotten stale or invalid.
    Consequently, we adjusted the bounce processing settings.

    Now, we can't log in to that particular list's admin page (all other lists do
    no have this problem). After typing the password and hitting enter, the web
    browser appears to be authenticating, but after an extensive period shows a
    message to the effect "Internal Server Error."

    It seems that this would indicate some sort of corrupted file or data.

    Can you go to the listinfo page for the list, or do you get the came
    error?

    What is the error message in the web server logs. If it is "premature
    end of script headers", the CGI is timing out before issuing any
    output.

    The issue could be a corrupt lists/LISTNAME/config.pck, but I think it
    is more likely a stale lock. See the FAQ at
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/noA9>. If you find a stale lock, check
    Mailman's locks and error logs for clues as to what may have caused
    this.

    Note that in 2.1.5, there is a potential issue with reducing
    bounce_score_threshold in that cron/disabled doesn't check if bounce
    info is stale so, e.g, if a member has stale bounce info with a score
    of 3.0 and you reduce bounce_score_threshold from something greater
    than 3 to something <= 3, the next time cron/disabled runs, that
    member's delivery will be disabled. This was fixed in 2.1.10.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 25, '09 at 12:53p
activeFeb 25, '09 at 10:52p