- I tried to restart mailman via mailmanctl > no change

Thanks for any helpful hint.

Search Discussions

  • S/U/N at Feb 23, 2009 at 4:55 pm

    S/U/N a ?crit :
    Hello everybody!
    I'm using mailman for a while now, but all-of-a-sudden, after adding one
    mailing list, the mail queue stalls
    What are the most obvious reasons for that problem to appear?

    - I tried to restart mailman via mailmanctl > no change

    Thanks for any helpful hint.

    HDYD again...
    I'm self-responding until I adresses the issue.
    My smtp queue is not stalled.
    Unreachable domains smtp or obsolete emails adress are bouncing eternaly
    I configured the bounce handling very low ( 0.5 bounce rate +
    immediately unsubscribe )
    However it seems that qmail got stucked for 48 hours bouncing ( until I
    clean the queue )
    I thought that with such a sensitive bounce management setting, queue
    had been cleaned automatically in less time...
    Could someone please give me an advice on that?
    thanks
  • Brad Knowles at Feb 24, 2009 at 8:35 am

    However it seems that qmail got stucked for 48 hours bouncing ( until I
    clean the queue )
    I thought that with such a sensitive bounce management setting, queue
    had been cleaned automatically in less time...
    Could someone please give me an advice on that?
    If you have problems with qmail, you're most likely to get answers to
    your questions using their FAQs, asking for help on their mailing
    list(s), etc....

    We will try to help you with any Mailman-specific problems there are,
    but most of us don't run or know anything about qmail.

    --
    Brad Knowles
    <brad at shub-internet.org> If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out

    S/U/N wrote:
    Hello everybody!
    I'm using mailman for a while now, but all-of-a-sudden, after adding one
    mailing list, the mail queue stalls
    What are the most obvious reasons for that problem to appear?

    - I tried to restart mailman via mailmanctl > no change

    See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/A4E9>.

  • Vidapura at Feb 23, 2009 at 5:31 pm
    I sent a mail to this list yesterday but I don't hink it got anywhere...
    Did anyone get THIS email?
    Thanks
    Vida

groupmailman-users @