Is there a mailman process for saving off archives?
We want to save/collect all our archives for a period of time before deleting them.
Wondering if there is a mailman process for saving the archives.

Thank you,

S Gruver
Unix system administrator
SBCTC-IT
Bellevue, WA 98004

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Feb 13, 2009 at 4:34 pm

    Gruver, Sandi wrote:

    Is there a mailman process for saving off archives?
    Built into Mailman? No.
    We want to save/collect all our archives for a period of time before deleting them.
    The on-disk format is basically just plain files. So, use the features
    provided by your OS to archive files, whether that's tar, cpio, or whatever.

    If you want to archive the raw mbox-format file, make sure that whatever you
    do will preserve the 7th edition mbox format of the file, otherwise the
    archives will be unreadable by Mailman. IIRC, this is discussed in the FAQ.
    Wondering if there is a mailman process for saving the archives.
    Not without modifying the source code, no.

    --
    Brad Knowles
    <brad at shub-internet.org> If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 11, '09 at 8:46p
activeFeb 13, '09 at 4:34p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Gruver, Sandi: 1 post Brad Knowles: 1 post