I've removed the -subscribe alias for one of my lists. So there's just
no way to get a message to mailman with 'subscribe LIST' on the command
line. But nonetheless, I just got a message from mailman:

Your authorization is required for a mailing list subscription
request approval: ...

How does that happen? Is there some way to make a subscription request
happen that doesn't involve using a -subscribe alias? [obviously yes,
but I don't know what it is..:o)]

/Bernie\

--
Bernie Cosell Fantasy Farm Fibers
mailto:bernie at fantasyfarm.com Pearisburg, VA

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Feb 10, 2009 at 2:10 am

    Bernie Cosell wrote:
    I've removed the -subscribe alias for one of my lists. So there's just
    no way to get a message to mailman with 'subscribe LIST' on the command
    line. But nonetheless, I just got a message from mailman:

    Your authorization is required for a mailing list subscription
    request approval: ...

    How does that happen? Is there some way to make a subscription request
    happen that doesn't involve using a -subscribe alias? [obviously yes,
    but I don't know what it is..:o)]

    Four ways:

    1) send a subscribe command to the LIST-request address

    2) send an email to the LIST-join address

    3) fill out and submit the subscribe form on the listinfo page.

    4) send the appropriate data from as would be posted by the web
    subscribe form as indicated in the FAQ at
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/hIA9>.

    You may have blocked one or two of these, but have you blocked all four?

    Note that unless you have VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = Yes in mm_cfg.py,
    disabling the LIST-request address will severely limit your ability to
    confirm things by email.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 10, '09 at 12:30a
activeFeb 10, '09 at 2:10a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Bernie Cosell: 1 post