I am new to mailman and have installed and configured Mailman with
Postfix and SpamAssassin.? Now I am trying to create first Site-wide
Mailing list "mailman".? It is prompting me for email of the person
running the list and not sure what else it would be asking for.? As it
the site wide mailing list , not sure what to enter here. Any
suggestions would be really helpful.?

?bash-3.2# bin/newlist mailman

Enter the email of the person running the list:

And in my mm_cfg.py file and when i type the URL mymailman.xxx.org it only displays "It works!"? , but if i type the URL as mymailman.xx.org/mailman then only I can see the page.? What am i doing work.

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'xxx.org'

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'mymailman.xxx.org'

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Feb 8, 2009 at 4:18 pm

    nmcherla at aim.com wrote:
    I am new to mailman and have installed and configured Mailman with
    Postfix and SpamAssassin.? Now I am trying to create first Site-wide
    Mailing list "mailman".? It is prompting me for email of the person
    running the list and not sure what else it would be asking for.? As it
    the site wide mailing list , not sure what to enter here. Any
    suggestions would be really helpful.?

    ?bash-3.2# bin/newlist mailman

    Enter the email of the person running the list:

    This is the email address of the list owner. In the case of the site
    list (mailman list), the list owner would normally be the Mailman site
    administrator (you?).

    And in my mm_cfg.py file

    ??

    and when i type the URL mymailman.xxx.org it only displays "It works!"? , but if i type the URL as mymailman.xx.org/mailman then only I can see the page.? What am i doing work.

    You're not doing anything wrong. If you want http://mymailman.xxx.org
    to go to the Mailman listinfo overview page, you need to set this up
    in your web server. Assuming Apache, the easiest way to do this is add