I am running
- Mailman 2.1.9
- Qmail
- CentOs
- MySQLdb module

I have been able to successfully send a mail to my list members, who are
stored in a MySQL, database. This worked when there were eight members.
Now that I'm trying it on a production level with approx. 200 members
it doesn't work...or, at least, it hasn't after the first 45 min.

SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 500

There are currently only 157 members in my list.

/var/qmail/concurrencyremote is 250

/var/qmail/concurrencylocal is 30

Could anyone help me improve this performance?

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Feb 4, 2009 at 3:19 pm

    Bradley Cummins, Member Manager wrote:
    I am running
    - Mailman 2.1.9
    - Qmail
    - CentOs
    - MySQLdb module

    I have been able to successfully send a mail to my list members, who are
    stored in a MySQL, database. This worked when there were eight members.
    Now that I'm trying it on a production level with approx. 200 members
    it doesn't work...or, at least, it hasn't after the first 45 min.

    SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 500

    There are currently only 157 members in my list.

    /var/qmail/concurrencyremote is 250

    /var/qmail/concurrencylocal is 30

    Could anyone help me improve this performance?

    Look in Mailman's smtp log for a message like

    Feb 04 03:30:05 2009 (12244) <message-id> smtp to LISTNAME for 157
    recips, completed in n.nnn seconds

    where <message-id> is the message-id of your message and LISTNAME is
    the name of your list. If that log message is there, mailman has
    completed delivery to qmail. If n.nnn seconds is excessively long,
    search the FAQ at <> for performance.

    If the entire delay is not explained by n.nnn seconds, the delay is in
    Qmail's delivery of the mail. If Qmail is delivering directly, this is
    a Qmail question. If Qmail is relaying via your ISP, your ISP may be
    throttling delivery.

  • Mark Sapiro at Feb 4, 2009 at 3:27 pm

    Mark Sapiro wrote:
    search the FAQ at <> for performance.