Hi all,

Running my second install of Mailman, going well, v 2.1.11 on BSD 7.0,
and wondering how to add custom key into welcome messages.
Essentially, I need to add a download link into the welcome emailer,
but it needs to have the email of the recipient inserted into it -
it's a one-time expiring download thank you (of my photographs,
actually.)

Seems non-trivial - anyone else ever tried to do this?

Best

Vish, London, UK

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 31, 2009 at 3:56 pm

    Vish Vishvanath wrote:
    Running my second install of Mailman, going well, v 2.1.11 on BSD 7.0,
    and wondering how to add custom key into welcome messages.
    Essentially, I need to add a download link into the welcome emailer,
    but it needs to have the email of the recipient inserted into it -
    it's a one-time expiring download thank you (of my photographs,
    actually.)

    The welcome message is built from the subscribeack.txt template which
    can be edited via the web admin "Edit the public HTML pages and text
    files" link or according to the information in the FAQ at
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9>.

    Normally, the only replacements available for a template without
    modifying the code that uses it are the ones used in the base
    template, but in this case, there is an additional %(user)s
    replacement available which will receive the user's email address.

    If you actually wanted to add a custom key/value for this template,
    you'd have to modify the code in the definition of the
    SendSubscribeAck() method in Mailman/Deliverer.py.

  • Vish Vishvanath at Feb 1, 2009 at 2:44 am
    Thanks Mark for pointing me in the right direction, I'll see what I
    can manage. :)

    Vish

[...]

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 31, '09 at 12:48a
activeFeb 1, '09 at 2:44a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Vish Vishvanath: 2 posts Mark Sapiro: 1 post