Over the past few years I've several times submitted
courier-to-mailman.py to various Mailman forums in the hopes that it
might be helpful enough to make it into the contrib section of the
Mailman source tree. This is basically a modification and update of the
qmail-to-mailman.py script (which is perhaps now obsolete since qmail,
as an MTA, is largely abandoned and unsupported these days), and
provides list-independent support for interfacing the Courier MTA with
mailman lists.

I don't know whether this contribution has been seen and rejected, or
gone unnoticed, or if Courier is considered to be such a minority MTA
that it's not worth considering, or what.

I run Courier on both of FMP's mail servers, along with Mailman, and
this script works very nicely on both of them. If the Mailman devs have
seen this and decided not to include it I'll forget about it, or offer
it only to the Courier user community. Once again, though, if it would
be useful and possibly worth distributing with Mailman, I'll re-submit
it if someone will tell me where to post it.

--
Lindsay Haisley | "Everything works | Accredited
FMP Computer Services | if you let it" | by the

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Jan 30, 2009 at 7:35 pm

    Lindsay Haisley wrote:

    I don't know whether this contribution has been seen and rejected, or
    gone unnoticed, or if Courier is considered to be such a minority MTA
    that it's not worth considering, or what.
    Sorry, I think I'm the one who dropped the ball on that. ;-(
    I run Courier on both of FMP's mail servers, along with Mailman, and
    this script works very nicely on both of them. If the Mailman devs have
    seen this and decided not to include it I'll forget about it, or offer
    it only to the Courier user community. Once again, though, if it would
    be useful and possibly worth distributing with Mailman, I'll re-submit
    it if someone will tell me where to post it.
    I think it would be a valuable contribution, and now that we've mostly
    switched away from sourceforge, the correct place to post that is on
    launchpad at <https://launchpad.net/mailman>.

    Mark would be the one to take it from there and put it into the contrib/
    directory.

    --
    Brad Knowles
    <brad at shub-internet.org> If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out

    Brad Knowles wrote:
    I think it would be a valuable contribution, and now that we've mostly
    switched away from sourceforge, the correct place to post that is on
    launchpad at <https://launchpad.net/mailman>.

    Mark would be the one to take it from there and put it into the contrib/
    directory.

    Brad is correct. If you post it in the bug tracker on launchpad or even
    just point me to a current version posted somewhere, I'll get it in
    contrib/ in the distribution.

  • Lindsay Haisley at Jan 30, 2009 at 11:16 pm

[...]

    I posted it on the launchpad site as a bug report with an attachment.
    This looked like probably the best way to submit it. Apologies, Mark,
    if there was some other way I was supposed to do it.

    --
    Lindsay Haisley | "It is better to bite | PGP public key
    FMP Computer Services | a single cannibal than | available at

    Lindsay Haisley wrote:
    I posted it on the launchpad site as a bug report with an attachment.
    This looked like probably the best way to submit it. Apologies, Mark,
    if there was some other way I was supposed to do it.

    That's perfect. Thanks.

  • Lindsay Haisley at Jan 30, 2009 at 11:42 pm

    I posted it on the launchpad site as a bug report with an attachment.
    This looked like probably the best way to submit it. Apologies, Mark,
    if there was some other way I was supposed to do it.

    That's perfect. Thanks.
    I'm also on the courier-users list and I'll let them know that it'll be
    coming soon.

    --
    Lindsay Haisley | "The difference between | PGP public key
    FMP Computer Services | a duck is that one leg | available at

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 30, '09 at 7:31p
activeJan 30, '09 at 11:42p