Where can I find the template for the monthly password reminder email?

I'd like to modify it so that it doesn't contain the password (our members
object to this being sent unbidden in plain text), and so that it reminds
users to make sure their subscription address matches the address from which
they currently send email (ideally with a link to their personal options
page so they can update).

--
Michael R. Boudreau
Senior Publishing Technology Analyst

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 28, 2009 at 11:59 pm

    Michael R Boudreau wrote:
    Where can I find the template for the monthly password reminder email?

    See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9>. The template name is
    cronpass.txt

    I'd like to modify it so that it doesn't contain the password (our members
    object to this being sent unbidden in plain text), and so that it reminds
    users to make sure their subscription address matches the address from which
    they currently send email (ideally with a link to their personal options
    page so they can update).

    You can add the reminder, but you can't remove the passwords by
    modifying the template because the lists/passwords are added following
    the text built from the template. To remove the passwords, you'd need
    to modify the code in Mailman's cron/mailpasswds script.

  • Michael R Boudreau at Jul 21, 2010 at 3:23 pm
    Hi all,

    I need to merge List A into List B. My plan is to run list_members on both lists and use the Unix 'uniq' tool to find the members of List A who are not already in List B. Then I'll use the web interface's mass subscription page to add the members from List A to List B.

    Following that, I'll run rmlist on List A without deleting its archives.

    However, ideally I'd like to make the archives of Lists A and B available in one place to all the members of the new expanded List B.

    Any suggestions?

    --
    Michael R. Boudreau
    Senior Publishing Technology Analyst
    The University of Chicago Press
    1427 E. 60th Street
    Chicago, IL 60637
    (773) 753-3298 fax: (773) 753-3383
  • Anthony R. Thompson at Jul 21, 2010 at 4:11 pm