The subject line states the full question, but,

I'd like to get a list of passwords for all the members to be sent to
the administrator. I usually mass subscribe them in the form

Common name <email address>

so I don't have the option to insert the password and don't know them.
At least I'm not aware of how to do it.

Also, is there a way to add the preferred password when mass adding names?

I'm running 2.1.5.

Thanks

Steve Campbell

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 19, 2009 at 7:07 pm

    Steve Campbell wrote:
    The subject line states the full question, but,

    I'd like to get a list of passwords for all the members to be sent to
    the administrator.

    There are no existing tools to do this.

    The attached passwd.patch.txt file contains a patch to bin/list_members
    to add a "passwords" option which will display the passwords.

    I usually mass subscribe them in the form

    Common name <email address>

    so I don't have the option to insert the password and don't know them.
    At least I'm not aware of how to do it.

    Also, is there a way to add the preferred password when mass adding names?

    Not with the web admin mass subscribe. or the existing command line
    tools.

    bin/add_members could be modified to accept a password.