I'm trying to set up an umbrella list and having some unexpected
behavior even after reading the faq.

Ok, I have alllist-bounces at x listed as a subscriber to sublist at x, with
no mail and no moderation. I have USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER = Yes in
my mm_cfg.py file. But when I post to alllist and the message is
distributed, sublist holds the message and I receive a moderation message.
What am I not getting :>?

Thanks,
Rich

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 13, 2009 at 8:59 pm

    Rich Winkel wrote:
    I'm trying to set up an umbrella list and having some unexpected
    behavior even after reading the faq.

    Ok, I have alllist-bounces at x listed as a subscriber to sublist at x, with
    no mail and no moderation. I have USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER = Yes in
    my mm_cfg.py file. But when I post to alllist and the message is
    distributed, sublist holds the message and I receive a moderation message.
    What am I not getting :>?

    For what reason is the message held?

    If it is "implicit destination", go to Privacy options...Recipient
    filter for the sublist and either set require_explicit_destination to
    No or add alllist at x to acceptable_aliases.

    If it is not "implicit destination", what is it?

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 13, '09 at 8:48p
activeJan 13, '09 at 8:59p