Barry S. Finkel
Argonne National Laboratory Phone: +1 (630) 252-7277
9700 South Cass Avenue Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-4601
Building 222, Room D209 Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4828 IBMMAIL: I1004994

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 5, 2009 at 5:58 pm

    Barry Finkel wrote:
    I need to rename two Mailman 2.1.9 lists. The FAQ 4.70 gives
    explicit instructions, but it does not mention changing the

    /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases (location on my Unbutu system)

    file to reflect the new name and then running the newaliases command.
    Should this be added to the FAQ?

    The FAQ currently says:

    Finally, if your MTA uses aliases for mailman lists rather than
    some process that automatically understands list names from the
    contents of the lists/ directory, you will have to update your
    aliases. If you do this manually, edit your aliases to change
    'oldlist' to 'newlist' (a total of 2 changes per alias for 10
    aliases), and then run 'newaliases' or whatever command rebuilds
    your alias database. It you have Postfix/Mailman integration,
    just run bin/genaliases.

    If you think this is somehow inadequate or not prominent enough, it's a
    wiki. Feel free to edit it.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 5, '09 at 5:33p
activeJan 5, '09 at 5:58p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Barry Finkel: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post