Good Morning,

If i reject a posting for exceeding size limits, the reason given
will be "no reason given" if I reject using the default interface, and
will only state the correct reason (too bog, please trim) if I reject from
the "details" interface.

This is both unintuitive and wrong: It was held for size, the
first notice says it was held for size, and it is rejected for the reason
held. Shouldnt the default reason (the reason for being held) be the
reject reason?

2.11MM

thanks!

//Alif

--
Yours,
J.A. Terranson

"Never belong to any party, always oppose privileged classes and public
plunderers, never lack sympathy with the poor, always remain devoted to
the public welfare, never be satisfied with merely printing news, always
be drastically independent, never be afraid to attack wrong, whether by
predatory plutocracy or predatory poverty."

Joseph Pulitzer
1907 Speech

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 2, 2009 at 5:27 pm

    J.A. Terranson wrote:
    If i reject a posting for exceeding size limits, the reason given
    will be "no reason given" if I reject using the default interface, and
    will only state the correct reason (too bog, please trim) if I reject from
    the "details" interface.

    This is both unintuitive and wrong: It was held for size, the
    first notice says it was held for size, and it is rejected for the reason
    held. Shouldnt the default reason (the reason for being held) be the
    reject reason?

    Yes, it probably should. It currently doesn't primarily because the
    message metadata which contains the reason is not retrieved during
    processing of actions from the admindb summary form. I think the
    reason for this is historical.

    I'm working on a fix.

  • J.A. Terranson at Jan 3, 2009 at 3:57 am

    Yes, it probably should. It currently doesn't primarily because the
    message metadata which contains the reason is not retrieved during
    processing of actions from the admindb summary form. I think the
    reason for this is historical.

    I'm working on a fix.
    For 2.11, or 3? If for 2.11: you have my eternal gratitute: this casues
    more grief than you cn imagine!

    //Alif

    --
    Yours,
    J.A. Terranson
    sysadmin_at_mfn.org
    0xpgp_key_mgmt_is_broken-dont_bother

    "Never belong to any party, always oppose privileged classes and public
    plunderers, never lack sympathy with the poor, always remain devoted to
    the public welfare, never be satisfied with merely printing news, always
    be drastically independent, never be afraid to attack wrong, whether by
    predatory plutocracy or predatory poverty."

    Joseph Pulitzer
    1907 Speech
  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 3, 2009 at 4:10 am
    Yes, it probably should. It currently doesn't primarily because the
    message metadata which contains the reason is not retrieved during
    processing of actions from the admindb summary form. I think the
    reason for this is historical.

    I'm working on a fix.
    For 2.11, or 3? If for 2.11: you have my eternal gratitute: this casues
    more grief than you cn imagine!
    The fix has been committed for 2.1.12. You can get a patch at
    <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/diff/1154>.
    Note that this patch changes 3 files - admindb.py, Utils.py and NEWS.
    The NEWS patch is only documentation of the changes and the Utils.py
    patch is for a different issue. Only the admindb.py patch is needed to
    fix this issue.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 2, '09 at 8:43a
activeJan 3, '09 at 4:10a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

J.A. Terranson: 2 posts Mark Sapiro: 2 posts