<<< 553 5.3.0 <testeq-list at lists.fergula.com>... No such user here
550 5.1.1 <testeq-list at lists.fergula.com>... User unknown
<<< 503 5.0.0 Need RCPT (recipient)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; testeq-list at lists.fergula.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; lists.fergula.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 553 5.3.0 <testeq-list at lists.fergula.com>... No such
user here
Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 21:32:22 -0500

_________

... while talking to mail.fergula.com.:
DATA
<<< 553 5.3.0 <testeq-list-owner at lists.fergula.com>... No such user here
550 5.1.1 <testeq-list-owner at lists.fergula.com>... User unknown
<<< 503 5.0.0 Need RCPT (recipient)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; testeq-list-owner at lists.fergula.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; mail.fergula.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 553 5.3.0 <testeq-list-owner at lists.fergula.com>... No
such user here
Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 05:26:47 -0500

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Dec 22, 2008 at 6:43 am

    on 12/21/08 5:35 PM, Alex said:

    I'm trying to set up Mailman on NuOnce Centos+Blue Quartz site, running
    into a problem - all emails to the aliases come back as "unknown user".
    Clearly, your aliases aren't set up correctly. Either you did not
    complete the Mailman installation process using our instructions (see
    <http://list.org/mailman-install/>), or you're installing from a binary
    package created by someone else and you may not have completed their
    installation instructions, or maybe their installation process is
    incomplete.

    If you're using a binary package from someone else, you need to go to
    the developers of that package and get further support from them.

    --
    Brad Knowles
    <brad at shub-internet.org> If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out

    package was downloaded by webmin from YUM, correct one for OS. I have set up
    mailman with great success on Centos 5.2 no other way but by following
    set-up procedures - i guess there is no other way, is there?

    Now i'm looking for pointers from somebody who possibly had to do same thing
    on Centos+BQ and can tell me what did i miss.
    Regards,
    Alex

[...]

  • Brad Knowles at Dec 22, 2008 at 7:26 am