I've got a single user out of approximately 250 that seems to always get
shunted. It's a problem with extended character set characters being
sent. She uses Outlook for an MUA.

Can a user be whitelisted in any way to prevent the shunt tests from
being done? Where might I look on her machine to discover what might be
causing her Outlook to send these characters? We have many Outlook
users, and she seems to be the only one with this problem? I'm guessing
it's characters like the single and doulble quotation marks, as best as
I can tell.

I'm using mailman 2.1.5-1.25 RH rpm.

Thanks

Steve Campbell

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 8, 2008 at 4:51 pm

    Steve Campbell wrote:
    I've got a single user out of approximately 250 that seems to always get
    shunted. It's a problem with extended character set characters being
    sent. She uses Outlook for an MUA.

    Can a user be whitelisted in any way to prevent the shunt tests from
    being done? Where might I look on her machine to discover what might be
    causing her Outlook to send these characters? We have many Outlook
    users, and she seems to be the only one with this problem? I'm guessing
    it's characters like the single and doulble quotation marks, as best as
    I can tell.

    The exceptions caused by such things should not cause the message to be
    shunted. They should be caught within the handler and dealt with. The
    fact that they aren't is a bug.

    I'm using mailman 2.1.5-1.25 RH rpm.

    And it has probably been fixed in more recent versions.

    If you post the traceback from the error log for one of these, I can
    suggest a patch to fix it, but the real fix is probably to upgrade
    Mailman.

    And, to answer your original question, a user cannot be whitelisted
    from having their messages shunted.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 8, '08 at 1:50p
activeDec 8, '08 at 4:51p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Steve Campbell: 1 post