Using v.2.1.9 on Mac OS X Server v10.5.5

Everything else is working nicely, but I just realized that our
monthly password reminders are not being sent. I can manually trigger
a password reminder using the options page 'Remind' button, and that
goes through immediately.

I have checked all of the mailman logs and don't see anything
suspicious.

Any clues on where I would start looking for the root of this problem?

Thanks in advance,

-Rob McLear

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Nov 28, 2008 at 9:49 pm

    Using v.2.1.9 on Mac OS X Server v10.5.5
    We'll provide what assistance we can, but please do keep in mind the
    issues discussed at
    <http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId@30530> and
    <http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId@30523>.
    Everything else is working nicely, but I just realized that our monthly
    password reminders are not being sent. I can manually trigger a password
    reminder using the options page 'Remind' button, and that goes through
    immediately.

    I have checked all of the mailman logs and don't see anything suspicious.
    Your Mailman cron job isn't running.
    Any clues on where I would start looking for the root of this problem?
    See section 9 of the Mailman Installation Manual at
    <http://list.org/mailman-install/node41.html>

  • Mark Sapiro at Nov 28, 2008 at 9:52 pm

    Rob wrote:
    Using v.2.1.9 on Mac OS X Server v10.5.5

    Everything else is working nicely, but I just realized that our
    monthly password reminders are not being sent. I can manually trigger
    a password reminder using the options page 'Remind' button, and that
    goes through immediately.

    I have checked all of the mailman logs and don't see anything
    suspicious.

    Any clues on where I would start looking for the root of this problem?

    Is crond running on your server? If so, does Mailman's crontab have an
    entry for cron/mailpasswds?

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 26, '08 at 9:43p
activeNov 28, '08 at 9:52p
websitelist.org

3 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Rob: 1 post Brad Knowles: 1 post