Hi, I did my due diligence and scoured the interwebs for a solution to
my "problem", and came across this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users at python.org/msg24698.html

This is a response to someone who wanted to do what I want to do: I'd
like no attachments to go out to the list via email but have the
attachments available in the archive. (most people on the list do not
want attachments but a few insist that they are necessary... so I'd
like these few to be able to get their "fix" by logging into the
archives.)

If I read the response above correctly, the responder seems to advise
setting up two lists with the same recipients on both (one ending in
`-archive`), setting up two postfix aliases that 1) sends to the list
via mailman and executes the archive alias and 2) sends to the archive
list and then modifying the two lists configurations such that the
first has strict content filtering and the second has no content
filtering but does archive.

Does that seem like a good, if long-winded, interpretation of how I
should do this? best, Joe

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall
ACCURATE Postdoctoral Research Associate

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Nov 26, 2008 at 4:46 am

    Joseph Lorenzo Hall wrote:
    Hi, I did my due diligence and scoured the interwebs for a solution to
    my "problem", and came across this:

    http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users at python.org/msg24698.html

    This is a response to someone who wanted to do what I want to do: I'd
    like no attachments to go out to the list via email but have the
    attachments available in the archive.

    If you have Mailman 2.1.6 or later, set scrub_nondigest to Yes on the
    Non-digest options page. If your Mailman is older than that, it's time
    to upgrade.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 24, '08 at 7:47p