Howdy,

We have some moderated lists with thousands of members
and a handful of people are appointed rights to post to it
(who are also members).

Periodically we don't know who has that posting
right, and someone asks for a list of those who can post.
How can this be queried?

--Donald

Search Discussions

  • D G Teed at Nov 19, 2008 at 8:38 pm
    Here is a solution I received from Jerry Stratton using withlist command
    from the command line...

    Create a file to use with "withlist".

    ==============snip=========================
    from Mailman import mm_cfg
    def unmoderated(mlist):
    memberCount = 0
    for member in mlist.getMembers():
    if not mlist.getMemberOption(member, mm_cfg.Moderate):
    print member
    memberCount = memberCount + 1

    print "Unmoderated members found:", memberCount

    withlist -r queries.unmoderated LISTNAME

    Note that the file queries.py must be located in the home directory
    of mailman (not in bin).

    This is exactly what I needed. Thanks to Jerry for this solution.

    --Donald
  • Mark Sapiro at Nov 20, 2008 at 3:35 am

    D G Teed wrote:
    If this is called "queries.py", then you can use the following command to
    list all unmoderated members of a mailing list:

    withlist -r queries.unmoderated LISTNAME

    Note that the file queries.py must be located in the home directory
    of mailman (not in bin).

    The above statement is not completely correct. It is true that if
    queries.py is located in Mailman's home directory, it will work, but
    it will also work if it is in the directory containing withlist
    (normally Mailman's bin directory).

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 19, '08 at 3:06p