I have a few lists which are public and they are not accessible, which I
cannot figure out why. I have several thread which talk about this
exact problem but their solutions have not helped.

Here is what's in my httpd.conf file:
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/
Alias /pipermail/ /usr/local/mailman/archives/public/
<Directory /usr/local/mailman/archives/>
Options +FollowSymlinks
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

Here's is what what my permissions and symlinks are:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 mailman mailman 42 Nov 11 16:18 testlist ->
/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/testlist

Also, I am able to access the archives if I use the following path:
http://lists.washlaw.edu/mailman/private/testlist

Thanks,

Jewel

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Nov 14, 2008 at 3:54 pm

    jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu wrote:
    I have a few lists which are public and they are not accessible, which I
    cannot figure out why. I have several thread which talk about this
    exact problem but their solutions have not helped.

    Here is what's in my httpd.conf file:
    ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/
    Alias /pipermail/ /usr/local/mailman/archives/public/
    <Directory /usr/local/mailman/archives/>
    Options +FollowSymlinks
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    </Directory>

    Here's is what what my permissions and symlinks are:
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 mailman mailman 42 Nov 11 16:18 testlist ->
    /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/testlist

    Did you see the post at
    <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2008-October/063745.html>
    which attempted to address this issue the last time you raised it.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 14, '08 at 3:43p
activeNov 14, '08 at 3:54p