I've set up postfix / dovecot / mailman on my server and it works well,
except that no messages to mailman lists are archived. The server hosts
several domains, though mailman serves only one of the domains. Mail is
delivered to mailing list subscribers as expected, but the messages are
never added to the mbox archive file. Mailman logs show no errors.

I'm using Fedora 9, mailman 2.1.9, python 2.5.1, postfix 2.5.1, all
installed from standard f9 RPMs.

Archiving is enabled. The aliases for the mailman lists are set up
correctly.

Regular users have mail delivered in Maildir format. Does this affect
mailman?

Any suggestions for things to check?

Thanks!

/james

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Oct 29, 2008 at 3:49 pm

    James Chapman wrote:

    Any suggestions for things to check?
    The FAQ? Try searching for "troubleshooting" or "no mail goes out to
    members", etc....

  • James Chapman at Oct 30, 2008 at 9:45 am
    Problem solved.

    The root cause turned out to be wrong file ownership of the aliases file
    in /etc/mailman.

    James Chapman wrote:
    I've set up postfix / dovecot / mailman on my server and it works well,
    except that no messages to mailman lists are archived. The server hosts
    several domains, though mailman serves only one of the domains. Mail is
    delivered to mailing list subscribers as expected, but the messages are
    never added to the mbox archive file. Mailman logs show no errors.

    I'm using Fedora 9, mailman 2.1.9, python 2.5.1, postfix 2.5.1, all
    installed from standard f9 RPMs.

    Archiving is enabled. The aliases for the mailman lists are set up
    correctly.

    Regular users have mail delivered in Maildir format. Does this affect
    mailman?

    Any suggestions for things to check?

    Thanks!

    /james

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 28, '08 at 6:25p
activeOct 30, '08 at 9:45a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

James Chapman: 2 posts Brad Knowles: 1 post