I currently use Majordomo for a good majority of my email lists. I am
looking to convert my lists to Mailman. I am trying to find a way where
I can issue commands via email that will get me results. For example
currently I can send an email and in the body I can say

Which <email address>

And I get a return email address back to the lists that email address is
subscribed. At this point I can than issue Unsubscribe and Subscribe
commands via email.

Is this at all possible in mailman?

Thanks in advance.

Brian Canty
Manager Computer Information Services
American Psychoanalytic Association
212-752-0450 x17

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Oct 22, 2008 at 11:01 pm

    Brian Canty wrote:
    I currently use Majordomo for a good majority of my email lists. I am
    looking to convert my lists to Mailman. I am trying to find a way where
    I can issue commands via email that will get me results. For example
    currently I can send an email and in the body I can say

    Which <email address>

    And I get a return email address back to the lists that email address is
    subscribed. At this point I can than issue Unsubscribe and Subscribe
    commands via email.

    Is this at all possible in mailman?

    Mailman's email command interface is more limited than Majordomo's.

    Mailman recognizes the following emailed commands. These are sent to a
    listname-request at ... address so with one exception (lists), the
    commands in one email are specific to that list.

    info
    Get information about this mailing list.

    lists
    See a list of the public mailing lists on this GNU Mailman
    server.

    password
    Retrieve or change your list password.

    set ...
    Set or view your membership options.

    subscribe
    Subscribe to this mailing list.

    unsubscribe

    who
    See everyone who is on this mailing list.
    The roster may be restricted to the list members or to
    the list admin, in which case authentication is required.

    There is no email command to see the lists to which you are subscribed,
    although this is available via the web as long as you can log on to
    your options page for at least one of the lists.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 22, '08 at 6:29p
activeOct 22, '08 at 11:01p