Have some trouble with accessing a Mailman list via its web interface,
mailman 2.1.9. I did a dump of the config.pck file and notice the that
postings_responses option is very large and full of mailer-daemon and
postmaster addresses. What does this option record? Is it safe to wipe
it out?

I did a google but I can't find any that explains what postings_responses
is or the information that it records. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Oct 10, 2008 at 6:06 pm

    mailman at sweetbourbon.com wrote:
    Have some trouble with accessing a Mailman list via its web interface,
    mailman 2.1.9. I did a dump of the config.pck file and notice the that
    postings_responses option is very large and full of mailer-daemon and
    postmaster addresses. What does this option record? Is it safe to wipe
    it out?

    I did a google but I can't find any that explains what postings_responses
    is or the information that it records. Any insight is appreciated.

    If the list's Auto-responder -> autorespond_postings setting is Yes and
    autoresponse_graceperiod > 0, postings_responses keeps track of when
    we can send the next autoresponse to this user.

    You can empty the dictionary (with withlist or whatever) as long as you
    don't actually delete it.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 10, '08 at 3:33p