Hi all,

I have just installed mailman on a FreeBSD (6.2) machines and things seem to
be working (to the extent that I can test them).

Cookies do not seem to be sent from the server.

As mentioned, I am using FreeBSD 6.2, mailman 2.1.9, Python 2.4.

My cookies on my local machine (Browser) are working fine (tested 3 other
sites on two different browsers), and all set a persistent session cookie.

Right now, I cant use the web interface as each time I click OK or submit, I
am sent back to the login pages and no setting are saved!

Can anyone give me a hint as to where to start looking?

-Grant

Search Discussions

  • Grant Peel at Oct 9, 2008 at 9:08 pm
    Hi again all,

    I was reading somewhere that version 2.1.9 of mailman was buggy, and that
    2.4 of python was not the best, so I upgraded to Mailman 2.1.11 and Python
    2.5.

    As of right now, I can get to the web interfaces OK, but the cookies are
    still not being send, and the Web interfaces are still not saving any
    changes.

    Any ideas would be appreciated,

    -Grant

    I have just installed mailman on a FreeBSD (6.2) machines and things seem
    to be working (to the extent that I can test them).

    Cookies do not seem to be sent from the server.

    As mentioned, I am using FreeBSD 6.2, mailman 2.1.9, Python 2.4.

    My cookies on my local machine (Browser) are working fine (tested 3 other
    sites on two different browsers), and all set a persistent session
    cookie(s).

    Right now, I cant use the web interface as each time I click OK or submit,
    I am sent back to the login pages and no setting are saved!

    Can anyone give me a hint as to where to start looking?

    -Grant
  • Brad Knowles at Oct 10, 2008 at 4:13 pm

    Grant Peel wrote:

    Cookies do not seem to be sent from the server.
    Are you sure? Have you used tcpdump to look at the packets coming from
    the server to the client, to see if they're being sent. I'd be willing
    to bet that the real problem is that your client isn't accepting the
    cookies, not that they aren't being sent at all.

    There's lots of stuff in the FAQ Wiki about cookies and troubleshooting
    these kinds of problems.
    Can anyone give me a hint as to where to start looking?
    Search the FAQ Wiki.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 9, '08 at 3:59p
activeOct 10, '08 at 4:13p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Grant Peel: 2 posts Brad Knowles: 1 post