Hi

I recently upgraded mailman and somehow Ive broken things.

When I used to create a list it added entries in my Aliases file like:

# STANZA START: darragh
# CREATED: Fri Apr 13 17:22:27 2007
darragh: darragh at lists.blah.net.au
darragh-admin: darragh-admin at lists.blah.net.au
darragh-bounces: darragh-bounces at lists.blah.net.au
darragh-confirm: darragh-confirm at lists.blah.net.au
darragh-join: darragh-join at lists.blah.net.au
darragh-leave: darragh-leave at lists.blah.net.au
darragh-owner: darragh-owner at lists.blah.net.au
darragh-request: darragh-request at lists.blah.net.au
darragh-subscribe: darragh-subscribe at lists.blah.net.au
# STANZA END: darragh

After the upgrade its adding entries like:

# STANZA START: darraghwwqq
# CREATED: Wed Oct 8 12:20:00 2008
darraghwwqq: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post darraghwwqq"
darraghwwqq-admin: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman admin darraghwwqq"
darraghwwqq-bounces: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman bounces
darraghwwqq"
darraghwwqq-confirm: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman confirm
darraghwwqq"
darraghwwqq-join: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman join darraghwwqq"
darraghwwqq-leave: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman leave darraghwwqq"
darraghwwqq-owner: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman owner darraghwwqq"
darraghwwqq-request: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request
darraghwwqq"
darraghwwqq-subscribe: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe
darraghwwqq"
darraghwwqq-unsubscribe: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe
darraghwwqq"
# STANZA END: darraghwwqq

Can someone please indicate where I've gone wrong

Thanks

Darragh

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Oct 8, 2008 at 2:13 am

    darragh: darragh at lists.blah.net.au
    darragh-admin: darragh-admin at lists.blah.net.au
    darragh-bounces: darragh-bounces at lists.blah.net.au
    darragh-confirm: darragh-confirm at lists.blah.net.au
    darragh-join: darragh-join at lists.blah.net.au
    darragh-leave: darragh-leave at lists.blah.net.au
    darragh-owner: darragh-owner at lists.blah.net.au
    darragh-request: darragh-request at lists.blah.net.au
    darragh-subscribe: darragh-subscribe at lists.blah.net.au
    # STANZA END: darragh

[...]

    You had some patches or other customizations to create the first format
    and something else non-standard to make it work, and your upgrade
    replaced patched modules with standard modules and restored the
    standard behavior.

  • Charles Marcus at Oct 8, 2008 at 11:34 am