Dear All,

I have a mailing list with more then 10000 users and the 300 postings
per day so i want to restrict users postings.

Is any buddy have a script or some thing to do that ...

Thanks
Nitin

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Oct 1, 2008 at 7:54 pm

    Nitin Bhadauria wrote:

    I have a mailing list with more then 10000 users and the 300 postings
    per day so i want to restrict users postings.
    At the bottom of every message that is posted to this list is a link to the
    Mailman FAQ, which is at <http://wiki.list.org/x/AgA3>. I suggest you go
    there and search for "rate limit".

  • Nitin Bhadauria at Oct 3, 2008 at 5:59 am
    Dear Sir,

    I am not talking about throttle for sending mails. I want to limit on
    the number of posts from any one individual within a period of time (1
    post per day, 10 per week, etc).
    I do know that this option is in the mailman wishlist that's why i asked
    for a patch or script..

    Thanks for reply
    Nitin Bhadauria

    Brad Knowles wrote:
    Nitin Bhadauria wrote:
    I have a mailing list with more then 10000 users and the 300 postings
    per day so i want to restrict users postings.
    At the bottom of every message that is posted to this list is a link
    to the Mailman FAQ, which is at <http://wiki.list.org/x/AgA3>. I
    suggest you go there and search for "rate limit".
  • Mark Sapiro at Oct 3, 2008 at 4:20 pm

    Nitin Bhadauria wrote:
    I am not talking about throttle for sending mails. I want to limit on
    the number of posts from any one individual within a period of time (1
    post per day, 10 per week, etc).
    I do know that this option is in the mailman wishlist that's why i asked
    for a patch or script..

    There is no such function within Mailman. You'd have to implement it
    yourself. I'm not aware of anyone that has done so. There is a five
    year old feature request at
    <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/266729>, but nothing has been
    done on this.

    Usually, this sort of thing is handled by moderation although I
    understand that isn't the answer in every case.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 1, '08 at 7:59a
activeOct 3, '08 at 4:20p