I see the patch adding html banners, user_id, list_id

(https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?funcÞtail&atid00103&aid21257&group_id3
) might have worked at one time, but has a few undesireable features "Also
needed enable ALLOW_OPEN_SUBSCRIBE option, " says it was last assigned to
you Barry. Is there anything that followed this 2005 posting, as this
would definitely solve people's problem with redaction from AOL, etc. by
allowing HTML in the footer.

Unless of course someone has written a script to read the email and pull the
id from the mail logs... But no one has said they have, as of yet.

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Sep 25, 2008 at 3:31 pm

    Lloyd Tennison wrote:

    Is there anything that followed this 2005 posting, as this
    would definitely solve people's problem with redaction from AOL, etc. by
    allowing HTML in the footer.
    You don't need HTML in the footer to keep them from redacting it. At least,
    not currently. The last we were told, they were not redacting any sensitive
    information in the footer, but of course that will change as soon as the
    lawyers discover that there is sensitive information in the footer.
    Unless of course someone has written a script to read the email and pull the
    id from the mail logs... But no one has said they have, as of yet.
    See that URL I posted. I believe there are some tools there.

  • Ralf Hildebrandt at Sep 25, 2008 at 4:06 pm

    * Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org>:
    Lloyd Tennison wrote:
    Is there anything that followed this 2005 posting, as this
    would definitely solve people's problem with redaction from AOL, etc. by
    allowing HTML in the footer.
    You don't need HTML in the footer to keep them from redacting it. At
    least, not currently. The last we were told, they were not redacting any
    sensitive information in the footer, but of course that will change as
    soon as the lawyers discover that there is sensitive information in the
    footer.
    I wonder when/if the lawyers discovery they have no clue...

    Ralf Hildebrandt (i.A. des GB IT) Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
    Charite - Universit?tsmedizin Berlin Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155
    Gemeinsame Einrichtung von FU- und HU-Berlin Fax. +49 (0)30-450 570-962
    Gesch?ftsbereich IT Standort CBF I'm looking for a job!
  • Mark Sapiro at Sep 25, 2008 at 10:43 pm