Hello all!

I have a question. Under the digest options in the administration page,
there is "How big in Kb should a digest be before it gets sent out?" and
"Should a digest be dispatched daily when the size threshold isn't
reached?". If the KB size of a digest is set to 0 AND the daily dispatch is
set to yes, will a digest be sent with every message, or daily?

I ask because according to the documentation I found:

http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-admin/node19.html

If the KB size is set to 0 and the daily dispatch is set to yes, it will
default to daily. However, on my server when the KB is set to 0, regardless
of the daily setting it sends a digest for each message posted. However, if
the KB size is set to 10, 20, 300, it will send once it reached that said
size, and if it never reaches that size in one day it will send daily.

FreeBSD 4.8
Mailman 2.1.9
Postfix

Thanks!

Krystal

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Sep 25, 2008 at 6:26 pm

    Krystal Zipfel wrote:
    I have a question. Under the digest options in the administration page,
    there is "How big in Kb should a digest be before it gets sent out?" and
    "Should a digest be dispatched daily when the size threshold isn't
    reached?". If the KB size of a digest is set to 0 AND the daily dispatch is
    set to yes, will a digest be sent with every message, or daily?

    Every message.

    I ask because according to the documentation I found:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-admin/node19.html

    If the KB size is set to 0 and the daily dispatch is set to yes, it will
    default to daily. However, on my server when the KB is set to 0, regardless
    of the daily setting it sends a digest for each message posted. However, if
    the KB size is set to 10, 20, 300, it will send once it reached that said
    size, and if it never reaches that size in one day it will send daily.

    The manual is wrong (although it would be a nice feature). The behavior
    you observe is expected.

    So is this a bug or an error? The difference is bugs are fixed by
    changing the code; errors are fixed by changing the documentation. :)

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedSep 25, '08 at 4:03p
activeSep 25, '08 at 6:26p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Krystal Zipfel: 1 post