hi,

on subscribing to my list the subscribers recieve the welcome messageto their inboxes.

but when I post to the list I get a returned mail with the following error:

*********************
listname at domain.com: Command died with status 2:"/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post listname". Command output: Groupmismatch error. Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed asgroup "daemon", but the system's mail server executed the mail script asgroup "mailman". Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as group"daemon", or re-run configure, providing the command line option`--with-mail-gid=mailman'.
*********************

what commands should I run when I log to SSH as ROOT?

Thanks

Discover the new Windows Vista

  • Brad Knowles at Sep 23, 2008 at 4:25 pm

    faisal anif wrote:

    ********************* listname at domain.com: Command died with status
    2:"/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post listname". Command output:
    Groupmismatch error. Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be
    executed asgroup "daemon", but the system's mail server executed the mail
    script asgroup "mailman". Try tweaking the mail server to run the script
    as group"daemon", or re-run configure, providing the command line
    option`--with-mail-gid=mailman'. *********************

    what commands should I run when I log to SSH as ROOT?
    The FAQ Wiki is at
    <http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Frequently+Asked+Questions>. Search for
    "group mismatch".

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedSep 22, '08 at 8:00p
activeSep 23, '08 at 4:25p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Faisal anif: 1 post Brad Knowles: 1 post