Hi!

I'd like to know, whether there's any way to change the way Mailman builds
its own aliases file, for using with Postfix.

I'd like to get

test at lists.mydomain.com: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post
test"
etc..

instead of:

test: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test"
etc...

Thanks for your help!

regards,
Peter

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Sep 9, 2008 at 6:52 pm

    Peter Molnar wrote:
    I'd like to know, whether there's any way to change the way Mailman builds
    its own aliases file, for using with Postfix.

    You'd need to modify Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py

    I'd like to get

    test at lists.mydomain.com: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post
    test"
    etc..

    That's not a valid Postfix alias.

    Note from 'man 5 aliases'

    ? An alias definition has the form

    name: value1, value2, ...

    The name is a local address (no domain part).

    instead of:

    test: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test"
    etc...

    Are you sure you don't want virtual_alias_maps with

    test at lists.mydomain.com test
    etc.

    along with alias_maps

    test: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test"
    etc...

    To do this, you add

    POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['lists.mydomain.com']

    to mm_cfg.py and then mailman will create data/virtual-mailman with the
    virtual maps for all lists in the lists.mydomain.com domain.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedSep 9, '08 at 10:17a
activeSep 9, '08 at 6:52p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Peter Molnar: 1 post