Hello -

I want to deny list subscriptions to any user whose email
address does not include my domain.

I realize that I can do that by having the list admin approve
subscription requests, but I'd prefer to automate the process.

I would hope that a rejection notice would be sent to any person
who subscribes and does not have the correct email domain.

Does anyone know how to do this - or is this something
that I should submit as a feature / enhancement request?

Thanks,

Dave
--
David Slater, Executive Director
Old Colony Library Network

Search Discussions

  • Barry Finkel at Aug 29, 2008 at 6:27 pm

    "David Slater" wrote:
    Hello -

    I want to deny list subscriptions to any user whose email
    address does not include my domain.

    I realize that I can do that by having the list admin approve
    subscription requests, but I'd prefer to automate the process.

    I would hope that a rejection notice would be sent to any person
    who subscribes and does not have the correct email domain.

    Does anyone know how to do this - or is this something
    that I should submit as a feature / enhancement request?
    Use ban_list

    ^!*.example.com

    to prevent all subscriptions that are not from example.com . This
    regex will allow subscriptions from

    @aaa.example.com

    Barry S. Finkel
    Argonne National Laboratory Phone: +1 (630) 252-7277
    9700 South Cass Avenue Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-4601
    Building 222, Room D209 Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov
    Argonne, IL 60439-4828 IBMMAIL: I1004994
  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 29, 2008 at 7:51 pm

    Barry Finkel wrote:
    "David Slater" wrote:
    Hello -

    I want to deny list subscriptions to any user whose email
    address does not include my domain.

    I realize that I can do that by having the list admin approve
    subscription requests, but I'd prefer to automate the process.

    I would hope that a rejection notice would be sent to any person
    who subscribes and does not have the correct email domain.

    Does anyone know how to do this - or is this something
    that I should submit as a feature / enhancement request?
    Use ban_list

    ^!*.example.com

    to prevent all subscriptions that are not from example.com . This
    regex will allow subscriptions from

    @aaa.example.com

    That's the right idea except that is not a Python regular expression
    <http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/re-syntax.html>. Well,
    actually, it is valid, but it doesn't do what you want. It matches
    anything that starts with 0 or more '!' followed by any character
    followed by 'example' followed by any character followed by 'com' with
    possible trailing stuff after that.

    What you would need to ban addresses not in the example.com domain or a
    sub-domain thereof is something like

    ^.*@(?!(.*\.)?example\.com$)

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython