DCS Midrange Services
Phone: +61 (08) 8999 6814
Fax: +61 (08) 8999 7493
e-Mail: alan.rubin at nt.gov.au

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 28, 2008 at 2:50 am

    Alan.Rubin at nt.gov.au wrote:
    Where can you set an explicit digest reply-to email address? I have tried the
    General Options and the reply-to is always to the list no matter what I change
    (even if I set an explicit reply-to address).

    Those settings only apply to messages. Currently, From: and Reply-To:
    for digests are set to the list address in
    Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py in the send_i18n_digests() function.

    If I have a one-way list that
    only sends in digest, I don't want people/autoresponders to pick up the list as
    the reply-to and fill up the next digest (in the case when an allowed poster is
    on holidays and fails to set their out-of-office policy correctly, for example).

    You're dealing with broken autoresponders if they're responding to to
    digests in the first place so you can't predict what they will do with

    mimemsg['Reply-To'] = mlist.GetListEmail()

    if mlist.reply_to_address:
    mimemsg['Reply-To'] = mlist.reply_to_address
    else:
    mimemsg['Reply-To'] = mlist.GetListEmail()

    and similarly a few lines below with rfc1153msg['Reply-To']. This will
    honor the list's reply_to_address if there is one.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 28, '08 at 1:16a
activeAug 28, '08 at 2:50a